Breville coffee machines are great for making delicious coffee at home, but like all coffee machines, they need to be regularly descaled to keep them running smoothly. Descaling is an important part of machine maintenance, and it’s something that you should do every few months or so depending on how often you use your machine.
There are a few different ways to descale Breville coffee machines, and the method you use will depend on the model of machine that you have. We’ll go over the most common methods below.
Step by Step Guide
- The first thing you’ll need to do is gather your supplies. You’ll need a descaling solution (you can buy this online or at most kitchen stores), a clean cloth, and a toothbrush.
- Next, you’ll need to add the descaling solution to your machine according to the manufacturer’s instructions. If you have a manual for your machine, consult it for specific instructions on how many solutions to use and how long to let it sit in the machine.
- Once the solution has had time to do its job, it’s time to start cleaning! Use a clean cloth or sponge to wipe down all of the removable parts of your machine, such as the water tank and drip tray. You may also want to use a toothbrush or other small tool if any hard-to-reach areas are caked with coffee or residue from previous uses.
- To use the tablets, simply place one in the water reservoir of your machine and run a brew cycle. The tablet will dissolve, releasing cleaning agents that will remove limescale build-up
How to clean Breville espresso machine without tablets
If you don’t have a descaling solution on hand, you can also clean your machine with white vinegar. Simply add equal parts of water and vinegar to the water tank and run the machine as you normally would. After the cycle is complete, run a few more cycles with just water to remove any residual vinegar taste from your coffee.
Depending on how often you use your machine, you may need to descale it more or less frequently. If you notice that your machine isn’t running as smoothly as it used to or that your coffee doesn’t taste as good, it’s probably time for a cleaning!
Key features of the best coffee machines
When it comes to choosing a coffee machine, there are a few key features that you should look for. Breville makes some of the best coffee machines on the market, and their machines come with a variety of features that make them stand out from the competition.
Some of the key features to look for in a coffee machine include:
– The ability to brew multiple cups of coffee at once
If you like to entertain guests or have a large family, then you’ll want a coffee machine that can brew multiple cups of coffee at once. Breville’s machines can brew up to 12 cups of coffee at once, so you’ll never have to worry about running out of coffee.
– A built-in grinder:
Coffee tastes best when it’s freshly ground, and Breville’s machines come with a built-in grinder so you can always have fresh coffee.
– A variety of brewing options:
Some people like their coffee strong, while others prefer it weak. Breville’s machines offer a variety of brewing options so you can make your coffee just the way you like it.
– An automatic shut-off feature:
If you’re forgetful or tend to get busy, then an automatic shut-off feature is a must. Breville’s machines will automatically shut off after 2 hours, so you don’t have to worry about wasting electricity or leaving your coffee on all-day
Finally, give your machine a quick rinse with clean water and you’re all done! descaling your Breville coffee machine is a quick and easy process that will help keep your machine running smoothly for years to come. Thanks for reading and happy brewing!