On the face of it, a website is simply a way to display your contact details and the services and products you offer. This is actually the foundation of your website and you need to build on this information to provide an experience for your new visitors to turn them into repeat visitors and better yet, into customers.
So how do you build on your products and services information to make your site more enticing to new visitors?
Give your visitors the opportunity to interact with your website by allowing them to provide comments on products or services or the opportunity to ask a question. By doing this, you are building your reputation as an expert in your field whilst also building a relationship with them. If your visitors can see that your goal is not to pressure them into buying from you as soon as they visit your website, they will more than likely return to your website when they are ready to buy.
Here are 5 simple tips you can use to help plan your website:
- Keep your website content fresh, add new information on a regular basis (weekly or monthly). This means that you will need to plan ahead, even for an entire year of what information you will add to your website. This sounds like a time consuming task, but if you have everything set out in a simple spreadsheet that tells you what information you are going to add and when, it is a simple weekly (or monthly) task to open your spreadsheet and add the information.
- Make it easy for visitors to contact you. If you have a simple contact form on your website it makes it easy for your visitors to quickly complete the form and click the “submit” button. They don’t have to find your email address and copy and paste it into their own email. Keep it simple!!
- If you are building a new website, add blogging functionality to it to allow visitors to comment on articles and information. This can generate conversations between other visitors and build interest in your website.
- If you have any social media accounts, connect them to your website. Think about how you want your website linked to these accounts and what type of interaction you are aiming to achieve.
- Plan the navigation of your website. Keep it simple so your visitors don’t get lost and give up and leave your website. Your goal is to keep them on your website for as long as possible with interesting and informative information.
If you keep these tips in mind when planning your website, the time you spend managing and maintaining you website will be easily manageable. If you would like assistance planning your website, contact us and we will help you achieve your goal.